Smart Tips For Organizing Your Own Office Space Today
You’re located in a Raffles Place office space with rental rates, and you’re probably thinking of making your office area look better. After all, having a clean and neat attracts more clients, doesn’t it?
As you focus on designing or redesigning your business, it is important that you have a plan of organization. In other words how are you going to effectively organize your office space? Organization is a very important part of running your business. Even if you are what I call “dysfunctionally organized” you need to have some sort of process in place for organizing your office space.
The great thing is that places like Staples, Office Depot, and Ikea provide great tools for organizing. Even if you are a bit junky and do not think you will ever be able to organize anything, you can find something to help you get your office in shape.
Here are just a few things to consider as you decide how it is that you want to organize your office.
- Consider where your office will be.
- What do you need for your office: desk, chair, telephone line, copier, printer, office supplies, etc.
- How much are you willing to spend on what you need?
- What filing system will you use? I use binders for my filing system. They work best for me because I can just pull a binder off the shelf and get the information I need. Binders also help me to keep all my receipts in an organized fashion.
- Do you prefer post its, a notebook, or a pad to keep notes. May not seem important, but trust me knowing how you prefer to keep up with telephone messages, quick notes, etc., makes a big difference in how you conduct business.
- Consider whether or not you need a separate telephone line for business. I know I do because my husband loves to call me when I am speaking with a client, even I tell him not to. He is very forgetful.
- Do you need a webcam and computer microphone? I have found these to be quite effective for recording my radio shows or even in Instant Messaging when I can’t type.
- Please get a calendar! I need say no more.
- What type of desk do you need? Many desk come equipped with file cabinets, drawers, slots, computer storage space, and more to make organizing your space very effective.
There are many ways to organize your business to fit the needs of your business. You have to discover that for yourself. Don’t look at the organizing styles of other ad try to duplicate it. If you try to do that, you will end up with more of a mess than you started out with. Now it is a good idea to maybe take examples from those you know who may be more organized than you. It helps to see what others are doing, but copying is not necessarily a good thing.
Make your space just that….your space!
The bottom line here is that if your office space is bad on the eye, get a file cabinet and some totes and get busy with organization.